DRABBLE DUMP


High-strung
the lights illuminate your figure
and with the slow strumming of the guitar
i listen to your melody
you sing softly, filled with honesty, with surety
along with that confident smile
disarming me, enchanting me
i'm left with nothing but a sigh
longing, hoping, praying
that i was the only one listening


Droplets
it was raining again
little blots of mud stuck to my calves as i walked
and i walked as if i knew
i walked as if i knew
i went by slowly
tracing footsteps to avoid the spaces filled with flood
just like how i did with my life
suddenly i found myself running
not caring whether my pristine shoes would be dirtied
and i ran because i knew
i ran because i knew
the rain wouldn't stop
no matter how flooded my heart was
the rain wouldn't stop
no matter how long he held on to dear life
when he left my embrace that day
i felt droplets fall from my cheeks
it was raining again


Plaything
We were taken outside today. I lay on the ground unmoving, peacefully watching the clouds move against the blue backdrop of a sky. Your eyes as I remember were the same shade of calming blue. And as it shone brightly, blindingly so, I could and would not stop myself from looking even if it cost my sight.
I miss being close to your heart, feeling your warmth as you embrace me graciously. I miss seeing you smile until I could see a peek of those pink gums. I miss you in tangents and fragments. From hearing your playful laughter, your whiny innocence, and your little panic attacks until your broken sighs. Still, I regret being unable to move the day he struck you down. The moment he broke you to pieces ragged limb by ragged limb, a jagged-edged puzzle piece. I regret watching you die in his arms, heart and soul broken beyond repair. Maybe it was a trick of the mind, yet i was sure that at your final moments, you smiled at me with those blue eyes painted into memory.
I didn’t shed a tear; I couldn’t. I’ve lived a long and tedious life, but for the first time since I was stitched with care, stuffed with cotton, glued with glass bead eyes, made as a toy, put in a package, tagged with a price and sold to your heart. I wanted to mourn and shed every tear I possibly could. Because you gave me a soul as you took away my heart. Now I lay on the ground unmoving, reminiscing, and still unrequitedly loving.



Color blind
when the flowers sway
and the petals fly away
we meet beneath a lonely tree
devoid of emotions
a picture of black and white
a sea of monochrome lights
that was it
no second chances
no words exchanged
no glances stolen
just those bright city lights
an explosion of white in my faulty eyesight
a blur in my tear-filled eyes
standing back to back unnoticed
are two lost souls
and when two eyes are blind
there is nothing left to see
but the dream of a colorful future



In these frightful dreams of mine
Last night, I dreamt of being shot
Of being numbed by anaesthetic
Somehow I felt the itch on my skin
As the scalpel cut through it
I saw two bullets being removed from my arm
And bloodstains painting me red
and yet through it all, the most painful was the image of you
The image of you pulling the trigger
and betraying me too


You, oh you

So you see, I have here a pair of shoes
and I’m pretty sure, oh I’m sure
that your feet will fit perfectly
problem is, you never had the guts to try it on
But you see, I always think that
it isn’t about the love you get in return
but about the love you give for people to earn
Now you see, we’re sorry if it wasn’t enough to please you
but we did our best to make it up to you
now it’s your turn to make amends, straighten up the bends
By then you’ll see, as concise as counting one, two
Baby, the world doesn’t revolve around you

Flight
I pull my shoulders back
Feel my muscles strain and my spine bend

But alas, I had no wings to spread




Written by Amabelle Manicio
Art by Antonnette Tamonan



Writer
          Amabelle Manicio
Partly God’s attendant
Concurrently Satan’s spawn
Obviously a woman of contradiction
Ultimately, a one of a kind collectible


Contributor
          Antonnette Tamonan
Fickle-minded and nefarious
Creative and delirious



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

about

Charlie 'n' Charlotte is an online magazine aiming to let out the free, wanderlust spirit of the passionate youth. Charlie means “man”, while Charlotte means “free man”; these two are mixed to prove that every creative idea should not be caged inside a blank room.

Surprise!

Stay Tuned!